here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

thank you!


thanks so much for the kind words 
about the new release...

I seriously have had a blast making samples...
and once my TO-DO list gets worked on, 
I can play again...

here's a quickie card sample for today...

in the background you'll see 


sometimes I use the distress markers 
to color in the letters...
that's super quick...

A LOT!



the flower & leaves are also new mat minis...

there's lots of fun combos in the package...
the flower is the scalloped circle in the package...



I used it with this stamp-it stencil it......
always think about other ways to use what you have...



it's not designed as a perfect fit, so I just inked the stamp with black soot archival & pressed the mat mini flower onto the inked stamp...
then dried it & inked the flower
I LIKE it!

keep in mind that all the mat minis can be inked, painted, stamped, stenciled & also embossed with an embossing folder to add texture...
they are very light weight for cards, 
but they are very strong & a nice surface to work on...

look closely at the larger mat mini leaves...
they were lightly inked with leaf green, 
then I used fern green & stamped
on them to add detail...
not a perfect fit...
but the detail works...

you'll see the new fern stencil behind the flowers...
it's the perfect filler!

I also use it alone 
for a clean & simple card...

and once again...
they are addicting & just the perfect size...
the ovals are really cool too...
if you look at the samples I've been posting...
I used them A LOT...
addicted!

that's it for today...

next on the TO-DO list is kits for the retailer's Collin's event in Florida...
lots of kits...

have a good one, my friends & take time to...

make art!
wendy
ps...
head's up...
I'll be over on the Ranger blog later this month...
if you don't already own 
you will WANT IT!
trust me!


8 comments:

Debby said...

Pretty card! Can't wait to get some of the new stamps. So hard to wait for stuff!

Redanne said...

A wonderful release and a beautiful card, I love how you used the mat minis - the butterflies are gorgeous! Anne xx

Vic said...

My wish list is ready! Can't wait for new goodies.

Alyce said...

You used my favorite stamp-it stencil-it and my favorite archival ink color. It has to be so much fun playing with the new products and coming up with the samples.

Karen Goulet said...

I like the way you combine your products to make a card. That way your
craft stash gets used. Thank you Wendy for your imaginative ideas.
Karen XXXOOO

Dorothy said...

Thank YOU Wendy!

Jane Luxem said...

Beautiful! Can't wait to buy!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

I am eagerly awaiting my goods...any day! I am so excited! LOVE your card...gorgeous purple flower!